Saturday, February 13, 2010

Abandoned sights.

Once you have come to Montello you'll find some Abandoned sights like this one however there are others out there in the landscape that is really is an ugly sight, (As seen on Geoff's blog) myself I would like very much to see alot of these sights cleaned up but I haven't come across any landfills in the area. With the aid of an old '63 ford 2 ton dump truck that looks like it belongs in the scrap yard but is a good runner for it's age and someday in the future with the (help of some future Montelloians) would like to get together some day and one by one get these sights cleaned up.

4 comments:

  1. I have not seen these sites, but maybe they can be cleaned up or renovated or be moved to new residents sites to be used as shelters or home sites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, there are the 3/16 steel I beam frames in these mobile homes that someone could use for supports or what have you, it may take a bit to get to them but once there they could be cut up and re-used for a structure and what isn't used I suggest to scrap-out everything else and any wood that is there I guess a person maybe able to use, or a person could have a few camp fires with it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm down...assuming you guys haven't cleaned em all up before we get out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jeremy,Thanks for coming on by, Sorry I didn't notice your post till today.(03/19/10 Oh yes they are still there. On this site there is two of them,(one them is tore down to base floor) and I'm sure who ever left them there isn't going to clean this mess up.thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete