Friday, February 12, 2010

Building Ideas.

Back in '93 I bought 90 pallets at interstate brick of this type of block they are seconds and got them for $10 a pallet with 40 block on each pallet and at that time I had this notion of building a good sized garage with them. Well ideas and times have changed and that isn't going to happen at least not on the residence, after building a small structure (way back then) I still have 48 pallets left and have been thinking about getting them out of here and transporting these block to the land and build a structure with them, It's alot of work involved but I thought it would be a good start on something that I already have to build with. I do realise to some folks this may not be a very GREEN way to go as for as conservation maybe concerned cause of the energy it took to produce this type of product however that being said the energy that took to make these block has already been spent. OK didn't really mean to get into to much detail on this and just wanted to share some thoughts...

3 comments:

  1. I would consider using already bought materials and actually doing something with them is very green. Not using them would be wasteful.

    ReplyDelete